Harriette Cole: I know my co-workers ratted me out for my bogus sick day

Harriette Cole: I know my co-workers ratted me out for my bogus sick day [ad_1]

DEAR HARRIETTE: Several of my co-workers have sent me friend requests on social media. Wanting to be polite and friendly, I added them all.

Harriette Cole
Harriette Cole 

The other day, I called in sick to work when I wasn’t actually sick. Then I posted pictures of myself out to lunch with a friend.

When I returned to work later that week, my boss confronted me and told me that she had heard I wasn’t really sick when I called in. I know that she found out by way of my co-workers.

I am thinking of completely blocking everyone I know from work on social media. Would I be wrong to block them?

Blocked

DEAR BLOCKED: I want you to listen to yourself for a minute.

You are angry at your co-workers for outing you about a lie you told at work that they figured out because you advertised your whereabouts on social media. The person you should really be mad at is yourself. If you are going to lie — at work or anywhere else — don’t create proof of your lie in the public.


[ad_2]

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top