Cardinals WR Marquise Brown on trade from Ravens: ‘Sometimes they really didn’t have to have me’

Cardinals WR Marquise Brown on trade from Ravens: ‘Sometimes they really didn’t have to have me’ [ad_1]

When the Ravens deal with the Cardinals on Sunday night, wide receiver Marquise “Hollywood” Brown will not be participating in. But he will be a talking issue.

The Ravens traded Brown, Eric DeCosta’s initial-at any time draft choose as typical manager, to Arizona for a first-spherical decide on the opening evening of April’s draft. Sunday’s nationally televised recreation will be Brown’s 1st look at his previous group. And even though he’s happy for the change of scenery after quietly requesting to go away Baltimore at the conclusion of very last season, he doesn’t assume his old workforce will pass up him.

“It’s about joy,” Brown instructed the Cardinals’ crew web site Wednesday. “I want to truly feel like I am a part of something to acquire. At the Ravens, I just felt like from time to time they actually did not will need me. No matter if I was there or not, they ended up likely to gain video games.

“I appreciate the video game far too substantially. I want to be associated.”

Brown, who led all Ravens broad receivers previous yr with 91 catches for 1,008 yards, has been vocal about his dissatisfaction with coordinator Greg Roman’s offense due to the fact the trade. In late April, Brown stated on the “I Am Athlete” podcast that “the process was not for me, individually.” The 2018 to start with-round decide was qualified 146 situations in 16 online games previous period, the third most in Ravens background and 10th amid NFL players in 2021.

Brown hasn’t had a easy get started to his Cardinals tenure. He skipped the commence of coaching camp with a hamstring personal injury and was arrested for prison dashing earlier this month. In Baltimore, though, Brown’s sudden departure hasn’t weighed considerably on the minds of his former teammates. Ravens broad receiver Rashod Bateman said Wednesday that Brown “will normally be my brother” and that he’s psyched to see what he can do in Arizona.

Normally, it’s organization as standard for the Ravens’ pass catchers.

“It hasn’t affected us that a lot,” mentioned Bateman, a 1st-round select in 2021 who’s succeeded Brown as the Ravens’ leading broad receiver. “Obviously, shedding him was certainly a big decline for us, but I really feel like the area has stepped up. We’re close, we’re performing hard and we’re pushing everybody to be terrific. I sense like that’s all you can ask for from a team, so we have surely been undertaking that.”

Baltimore Solar reporter Jonas Shaffer contributed to this posting.

()


[ad_2]

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top