Skip Manners: My friend’s strategies about tipping have manufactured points awkward

Skip Manners: My friend’s strategies about tipping have manufactured points awkward [ad_1]

Dear Overlook MANNERS: I have a pricey close friend who does not imagine in tipping. At all. Ever. No idea for drivers, hairdressers, lodge staff, waitstaff, etcetera.

She believes people need to insist on a truthful wage from their employer, and says it is not her work to nutritional supplement their paycheck.

This is an honorable strategy, and a single that I would like were possible. Nevertheless, it is not fact. Simply because of this, I generally request for different checks at dining places and suggestion a little bit additional to compensate.

My dilemma is that she needs to take care of me to supper at a favored restaurant for a milestone birthday. I know she will not tip.

Need to I have some money and sneak some cash on to the desk? Must I say anything about becoming not comfortable with her tipping stance? It will be hard to drop the invitation.


[ad_2]

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top